Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Last Night

Started off with 6 patients. Still had the same hot mess but they are all stable now and not complaining quite as much. Seizure lady's family actually went home. She hasn't had a seizure since she received medication for it. Thank God. Tonight was spent helping other nurses and saying good bye. It turns out many of those that I thought didn't care if I left or not actually will miss me...

I cried quite a bit tonight. I'm happy to be leaving, but it's bitter sweet. I love my co workers. They are awesome in every way. We all butt heads some times, but at the end of the day we had each others backs.

If my job wasn't so stressful I could have stayed there for a few more years. 2 at the very least. I love working with each of them. They are why I stayed as long as I did. The other junk (management, working short staffed, angry doctors, family, etc) is why I'm leaving. I can do my best all night and still get in trouble over the dumbest things. Other departments not doing their jobs also makes my job more difficult, but when they are working short too it's kind of understandable. Tonight lab had 3 people working the entire hospital... There were probably 3 resp therapist in the entire hospital as well. How is that safe?

And then we're working with 3 techs and they threaten to send one home if we don't have enough patients on the floor by midnight. Okay, well we shouldn't get anymore admissions after midnight then if that's the case. Ha! Tell that to them. We started off with 3 techs one night, didn't meet the census requirements by midnight and had to send 1 tech home. Guess what? We got 3 more admissions after midnight and now the techs remaining have more patients to take care of, plus they have had to split the team of the tech who left...Does that make sense at all?

They sent a nurse home mid shift too. The charge nurse took her patients.

Urgh. Tonight was okay. At the end of this shift I packed my bags, said good bye to those I would miss and then left. I didn't look back. I just walked to my car and left. I won't miss the hospital environment. I will definitely miss the people, but everything else can go to hell. If I could set fire to the rain over that place I would.

On to bigger and better things! If this job doesn't go well then...I'm done with nursing.

Here's hoping! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment