Sunday, August 11, 2013

Night 2/3

It has gotten a bit better. I started with 5/6  patients and only got 1 admission, a lady who was actively having seizures and who the doctor refused to give medication for. I think he believed I was lying when I said she was having them. He actually stated that ' she was doing that in the ED.' Okay? Well, you should have done something then shouldn't you dumb ass?

I hate doctors sometimes. They think they know everything when nurses are the ones with the patient all freaking day and night. If I say the woman is seizing it's not because I want her to be 'interesting' and give me something to call you about at 3 am in the morning. It's because she's fucking having a seizure and you're too stupid to order anything for her. It literally took the doctor seeing the woman seize for them to believe us. WTF???

I...just...don't know anymore.

In addition to this hot mess, my gun shot wound patient was a hot mess. Can't breathe, family panicking. My other 'nice' family from the other night is being a bitch and writing everything down. Can't understand what changed between when I left the morning before and my coming back to work tonight. She looks paranoid. The entire family does.

Family. I know you're scared, but asking me a ton of questions about something the doctor said at 9 am this morning and getting frustrated that I don't know the answer isn't going to make me want to help you. I don't know what the doctor told you. I wasn't there. He didn't write anything down in the progress notes so I have no idea what he's thinking at this point. If I call and ask at 1 am I will be cursed out. Your questions will have to be answered during rounds in the a.m. Your mom is stable and resting quietly. Can't that be good enough for now? It's in the middle of the night. Not much is going to happen until the morning. Sorry. God damn it. I hate patient family members. Some are awesome, but you don't remember those. You remember the ones you day dream about beating to death.

-deep breath-

Day 2 sucked as well. 1 more night left.


No comments:

Post a Comment