Monday, October 26, 2009

First Clinical Rotation

One day left. Yep, that's it. Working in this nursing home has had its ups and downs. I've enjoyed working with my patient, but I feel as if I haven't been able to get through to her or help her in any mind blowing way. Having only worked with her for 3 days I didn't have much time to sit down and get to know her. It sucks, but I guess that is how clinicals work. It doesn't help that when I got to clinicals the CNAs had already done all of my work for me. :( There was no bonding over AM care because baths/grooming etc was already finished.

Also, she was at other facilities half the time I was there so I spent that time helping the people in my group with their patients. Because of this I knew more about their patient than my own and I grew closer to them. O_O It's weird, but that's how it was. The people I met are sooooo nice. This one lady's husband comes to visit her and the way he treats her makes me envious. You can tell they are in love even after all of these years. That's just one of the reasons why going to clinicals every morning has been enjoyable. Other people there are very nice. I've only been there 3 days but I feel like I've learned so much from these people in such a very short time. <3

Well, 2nd rotation starts on Wednesday so I'm off to the hospital to do wound care, etc. Hopefully I'll do better here. Can't say right now if the people within this hospital will be as nice as the residents within the nursing home. I can hope, right? XD

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment