Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Two weeks down. How many more to go?

Classes haven't been as stressful. It is a bit more relaxed this semester than the last two. I guess it is because I'm used to it, but I think it's because I get a fresh start.

My goal this semester is to be proactive. I'm going to stay on top of my medications, study and stay ahead (although I rarely fall behind anyway), and do well in clinicals. By well I mean, perform my skills with ease, talk to my patients without feeling nervous, report my medications smoothly. I will not hesitate to do anything. My critical thinking skills will improve and all around I will be a better nurse. I can do this. It's not that hard. XD I'll take it one day at a time.

On another note, I passed my calculation exam last week. I got a 100 so I'm done with that until the Spring. Our first exam went well. I got an 85. I plan on getting an A on the next one. ^_^ Um, lets see. Other than that things have been going very well. I'm going to pray that it stays that way. I need a stress free semester. I really do.

I love watching the Juniors. Their stress reminds me of my stress during that first semester of school. Trust me, it's hard to forget the tears, the moments of balling up on my bed and thinking 'this isn't for me' and 'why am I doing this again.' I can't say that I don't have those thoughts now because I do, but it's getting easier. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it looks amazing. Juniors, you CAN DO IT. Take it one day at a time. It can only get better from here. Take it from me, I've struggled more in nursing school than I have my entire school age like. Middle school and high school seem like kindegarten compared to this. Really, all you high school students need to suck it up. If you think high school is hard you have a rude awakening coming.

Peace, love and happy times.

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment